1. Fish are known to have a tranquil, calming effect on anyone who watches them glide serenely through the water.
2. Generally speaking, fish are easier and less expensive to feed and care for than other pets; however, they do require a proper environment and knowledgeable caretakers.
3. Unlike many dogs and other furry and feathered pets, fish don't develop separation anxiety or destructive behaviors when you leave them alone at home.
4. Fish are quiet -- you never have to worry about a barking or squawking fish upsetting the neighbors or waking a sleeping baby.
5. Fish come in an infinite variety of sizes, shapes and stunning, vibrant colors.
6. Fish don't need to be walked, they don't require a litter box, and they'll never leave a surprise for you on your brand new carpet or the afghan your mother-in-law knitted for you last Christmas.
7. Fish are very clean pets that don't need to be groomed or have their teeth brushed.
8. Your fish won't track dirt and mud in from outdoors or shake litter from his paws all over the house, and he doesn't shed, slobber or drool.
9. A fish aquarium of any size, as long it's well maintained, can be a beautiful addition to any room in your home.
10. Some types of fish interact with their owners, are playful, and can even be trained to do tricks.